Friday 8 August 2014

Winter Storm - The Drive for Stalingrad CoC Campaign


Exciting news this morning at the TooFatLardies HQ. Winter Storm. a new scenario and campaign book for Chain of Command has been released (perfect timing for my weekend reading). The booklet was written by Richard Morrill ("the other Richard"), long time Lardista and fellow blogger; you can follow him in his blog "The Rat Report".

This 94-pages supplement comprises 22 fully detailed scenarios, organised in 4 mini-campaigns that can played individually or interlinked. The book deals with the German attempt to relieve the siege of Stalingrad in December 1942. Together with the scenarios, several new army lists have been released including German Panzergrenadiers or Russian patisan units, all with the corresponding support assets adapted to the year and theater. A nice bibliography appendix is also included (much appreciated!)

The book is also compatible with the CoC's campaign supplement At the Sharp End with minor variations, explained  

Although adapted for CoC the scenarios and information can be generally used for other rules sets at the same playing scales (Platoon-size encounters) ...and at a cost of 7 pounds, there's limited risk of loss in your purchase. 

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic, great news. The Eastern Front is one we have been planning to play in our club for a long time and this small campaign is really interesting.
    I recommend you a number of the "Against the Odds" magazine with this same campaign as a background information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize this was quite so time specific. Not a complaint but actually it appeals more to me know. I thinking of returning to WW2 next year and looking at early war. At the moment I have a project forming around the BEF, but this may be good to us as a base for the Eastern Front which I have long neglected and used to be my main WW2 interest. As you say for £7 could be a good investment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to getting my hands on this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh...that looks good. And here I was about to put together a platoon of Crusader Soviets in summer kit!

    ReplyDelete